price-db storage via BackEnd?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 16 May 2001 00:01:15 -0500

--O3RTKUHj+75w1tg5

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:33:49PM -0400, Christopher Molnar was heard to r=
emark:
> Dave and Derek,
>=20
> We have the same problem with the user configuration stuff. Until that

Does this remark imply that there are users who are really planning
on using the sql backend real soon now?  I have had trouble
understanding whether this really, truly an interesting feature
for anyone.

> is moved to a database structure as well those working on the postgres
> end are missing a lot of information.

dimwit question: are you sure you want to make your configs global?
It seems it might be nice to have different configs on different
machines ...

I'm balking, mostly because I'm feeling lazy about implementing this.

> Dave Peticolas wrote:
> >=20
> > On 15 May 2001 10:21:24 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It looks like the Price DB is still being stored on its own via the
> > > gnc-book instead of being stored via a backend.  Indeed, it looks like
> > > the price db will only be saved/loaded if you're using the default
> > > backend (file IO).
> > >
> > > Is there any plan to change the pricedb to use the Backend?  Until
> > > that happens there is no way to use pricedb with a Postgres (or RPC)
> > > backend storage system.
> >=20
> > Yes, I think Linas was planning on adding that, but feel free to add
> > it if you want.

I'm thinking that a couple of un-interrupted evenings would do the
trick, or a long weekend.   Started adding priceb, but stopped because
back then, there was no way to test it out ...

I don't want to make promises right now, but I aven't forgotten, and
hope to get to it soon.

--linas

--O3RTKUHj+75w1tg5

--O3RTKUHj+75w1tg5--