dependency hell

Bill Gribble grib@billgribble.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 10:49:11 -0500

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:01:04AM -0400, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> 	I agree.  It is pathetic!  Not only are there an assanine number of
> dependencies, but some of the gnome RPM's I donloaded from rpmfind.net
> installed is /usr, and some in /opt/gnome, and gnucah can't seem to
> handle this.  It want's them in one place or the other, not both.

pathetic, adj.: causing or evoking pity, sympathetic sadness, sorrow,
etc.; pitiful, pitiable.

GnuCash requires a standard installation of a recent release of GNOME,
which you can get from, oh, just about anywhere, including Ximian,
plus a couple of extras, mainly Guppi which we provide the RPMs for.
If you can't get that set up on Red Hat I would suggest that it's not
GnuCash that's pathetic.  Maybe you should switch to Debian.

Bill Gribble