dependency hell

rob@myinternetplace.net rob@myinternetplace.net
Thu, 17 May 2001 14:13:45 -0700

Christian> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 10:54:01AM -0700,
Christian> rob@myinternetplace.net wrote:

>> as a debian user, the only thing that I really wish they would
>> implement is source-dependancies, so that it could all be built
>> locally.

Christian> Debian has startet providing "Build-Depends" some month
Christian> ago!  (sorry, didn't followed the thread, hope you're
Christian> talking about this question)

Yes, that is exactly what I am talking about.  However, does it
actually _work_ to do a build of Debian?  The last time I tried, using
my own set of build-depends (created by what 'apt-get build' told me
it needed to have on hand to build), Debian couldn't build itself
from the ground up.  Maybe I will start that up again with the recent
bunch of unstable.

rob