Question: Is 1.5 stable enogh?

Alan Orndorff dwarf@solarisresources.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 18:52:24 -0700

Klaus Ridder wrote:

> I would like to use 1.5 (the current version of it) for my current finance
> file (which has VERY important data). Do you think this is a good idea, or
> are data losses still theoretically possible? (I mean ... more likely than
> it will be in 1.6) ?
>
> Or, I could better ask: is the current version stable enogh to use with REAL
> Data, or should I better wait until a week after the 1.6 release?

Alpha, Beta, Gold, shipping, take your pick, any version can corrupt data.
When I cut over to 1.5x I lost all of my date fields.  The problem was fixed
quickly enough, copied my backup copy of the data back, and everything
was fine.  If its real data, the version doesn't matter, backup often.

alan

--
Solaris Resources (Ultra/Intel)
http://www.solarisresources.com