[pookafarm@earthlink.net: Re: Gnucash libguile error]

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:24:28 -0500

I giveup, I don't know.  Maybe someone on te list can help.
You should remind the list what version of redhat/whatever you have
isntalled, and what version of gnucash.

--linas

----- Forwarded message from Ken Wilson <pookafarm@earthlink.net> -----

From: Ken Wilson <pookafarm@earthlink.net>
To: Linas Vepstas <linas@linas.org>
Subject: Re: Gnucash libguile error

Hi Linas,

I have searched rpmfind, google, alta vista, lycos .. .. ... and this is the ONLY thing (below) I could find mentioning
libqthreads.

The libqthreads that I do have came from guile 1.4-50 which is the most recent version I can find, but as you know
they are no where close to so.9.0.0 that gnucash requires.

BTW, when I looked again at the rpm where I got gnucash, it didn't mention anything about libqthreads. I found each
required file (in the list) in my /lib  ; /usr/lib or /usr/X11R6/lib directory.

I'm getting a bit freaked out an all the libxxx stuff. whew. some with the same name have different things, some replace things, I
don't know what should be and should not be in my /lib directories.  I have a couple other programs that don't do what they should but
report no problems, they just dont work. (gnp for one, gnome notepad, I think) just stops. I tried using ltrace on some but I haven't
gotten the hang of that yet. - oh well, thanks for listening to me unwind.

ken

*** Warning: inter-library dependencies are not known to be supported. <<<<<<<<<<<
 *** All declared inter-library dependencies are being dropped.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
gcc -shared  qt.lo qtmds.lo qtmdc.lo   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libqthreads.so.9 -o .libs/libqthreads.so.9.0.0
(cd .libs && rm -f libqthreads.so.9 && ln -s libqthreads.so.9.0.0 libqthreads.so.9)

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Linas Vepstas -- linas@gnumatic.com -- http://www.gnumatic.com/