Currency Transfer Accounts

Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:54:18 -0600

Hello!

I'm using heavily the currency transaction feature of GnuCash.  As I
learned right now this has changed heavily from gnucash 1.4 (I'm
trying the actual CVS-checkout).

If I figured out correctly, the transfer account now does *not*
anymore have the "security" code.  This is

- good, because you can ease the use of multiple currencies, as you
  only have the need for one intermediate account.

- bad, as you are loosing an extra check formerly performed by
  GnuCash.

I'm missing also the feature, which suppresses Accounts in the
selection popup, which can *not* receive a split from the transfer
account (as of accounting norms).

There's also a Bug (as of my opinion), when "value", "price" or
"shares" are re-calculated:

It happens (regularly), that a price and a value is given, but when
the shares are calculated it get's obviously rounded, the price is
modified by some sub-decimal-points, so is the value, and a new split
with some cents is created.

An example:

I have to register NIC 1054,64 at an exchange rate of NIC 12.7:US$ 1.

This would give US$ 83.042519685, GnuCash shows:

     US$ 83.04 shares,

changes the exchange value to:

     NIC 1,054.61

when I say it should change the shares in the popup and creates a
lone share of

     NIC 0.03

if I re-insert the NIC 0.03 into the value and say "change shares" in
the popup, the exchange rate changes to

    12.7004

Hope that there is a sensible solution to this,

Best Regards,

     Jorge-León