A/R, A/P, Invoicing features

Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net Jorge.Lehner@gmx.net
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:27:41 -0600

Hello!

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:02:48PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I've been trying to wrap my measly brain around some features
> for Home Business (consulting) use.  I've spent most of this

The few systems I know (Small and medium Business) separate very well
between accounting (Ledger) and Invoice/Inventory/Billing, etc. etc.

The "Gnu"-way to do this can be found at the GNUe project.  I think it
would be worth for you to take a look there.

It's pretty much concept and little code as of yet, but it seems that
this is what you're looking for: concepts.

They have very good proposals of modularizing Buisness Tasks and there
are relatively concrete "Business Object" proposals.

Personally I would like to see the GnuCash-engine as the
accounting-core of GNUe.  To accomplish this, there would be the need
to be able to "feed" batches of accounting records to GnuCash from the
other modules, and report eventual problems to somewhere else.

The point is, that if you do invoicing, the system (and GnuCash) would
do the accounting for you, not vice-versa (which would be you doing
accounting and the system makes the invoice...)

Best Regards,

     Jorge-León