new libtool re-builds libraries at install time?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
12 Nov 2001 21:51:01 -0500

I build gnucash.. It takes hours because libtool is SLOW at building
libraries..  Then I try to "make install" and libtool proceeded to
REBUILD all the libraries!!!

Why is this?

Note that this slowness only started once we moved to libtool in CVS..
When I was using the local libtool (1.3.5) I didn't have this problem
(well, I didn't have the slowness problem; I don't know about the
rebuilding-on-install).

Until this gets fixed, is there any way to revert back to libtool
1.3.5?