More on libtool problem

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
12 Nov 2001 22:10:02 -0500

This one was relatively easy to track down...  Libtool basically
has this code:

	if len=`expr "X$cmds" : ".*"` &&
	   test "$len" -le "$max_cmd_len" || test "$max_cmd_len" -le -1; then
	  :
	else
	  # The command line is too long to link in one step, link piecewise.
	  $echo "creating reloadable object files..."

Basically, it checks the command line and, if it's too long, it will
break it up into separate lines.  Unfortunately, nowhere can I find
where it sets max_cmd_len anywhere in ltmain.sh.  In fact, this would
explain the "../../../libtool: test: : integer expression expected"
error messages I had seen earlier.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem offhand...  I'll keep looking.