More on libtool problem

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
13 Nov 2001 06:46:29 -0600

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 21:10, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Basically, it checks the command line and, if it's too long, it will
> break it up into separate lines.  Unfortunately, nowhere can I find
> where it sets max_cmd_len anywhere in ltmain.sh.  In fact, this would
> explain the "../../../libtool: test: : integer expression expected"
> error messages I had seen earlier.

the ltmain.sh we have is a modification of the 1.4.x one which (I
believe) includes some parts of the 1.3.x ltmain.sh (the parts which
prune down the list of dependent libraries).  This reference to
max_cmd_len appears to be a skeleton from 1.3.x ; the 1.4.x ltmain.sh
doesn't reference it at all.

if you have libtool 1.3.x installed, could you look in
/usr/share/libtool/ltmain.sh and see how it's defined there?

Thanks
b.g.