Migration to gnucash as guile script has begun.

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:08:00 -0600

Bill Gribble <grib@linuxdevel.com> writes:

> I think you can just change the 'guile' to 'gdb guile' and away you go.
> It might make sense to have an alternate script that does this;
> gnucash-gdb or something.

Or just run

  gdb guile

from any prompt and then call

  run -s gnucash.sh

If we want to be able to do this, and I tend to think it's convenient,
we need to make sure not to do anything important on the /bin/sh side
of the !#.  So all the envt var settings and other configuration
should be handled directly from the guile code.

> rlb: do you think the name 'gnucash.sh' is appropriate?  Shouldn't it be
> gnucash.scm?

I figured it didn't really matter since it's going to be changed to
just plain gnucash in the very near future, but in general, I'd say
that both .sh *and* .scm are wrong for an executable.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu