code in cvs is broken

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:06:27 -0600

linas@linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> I don't see what this has to do with parsers.  Which 'particular
> situation' are you refering to?

All I was referring to was that if you want the commodities to be
loaded from a file at runtime, so that they can be
updated/modified/etc. between releases, or for specific purposes, then
you need a parser, and for jobs like that, I'd rather just use scheme
forms (and if necessary some syntactic macro-sugar) and the scheme
reader (or load) than write a text file parser by hand in C, or suffer
the aggravations involved in dealing with XML from C.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu