Timespec <-> string functions?

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
20 Nov 2001 14:59:37 -0800

--=-Vq4+/0XsUNfmR3oMhc1F

On Tue, 2001-11-20 at 14:16, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > so that one could store a string in GMT.  Either that, or it would
> > > be nice if there were a Timespec kvp type.  Either way works
> > > for me :)
> >=20
> > The latter would be very useful, but would also be more work.
> > To add a new kvp type you need to implement it in C, scheme,
> > xml, and sql :)
>=20
> This didn't answer the question of whether the latter is the
> "Right Thing" or not?  ;)

Hmm, well, I don't really know what the Right Thing is,
but I would have to say that having an explicit timespec
kvp type would be more useful and less work in the long run,
but more work in the short run. So if you have the time, I
would recommend adding the kvp type.

dave

--=-Vq4+/0XsUNfmR3oMhc1F

--=-Vq4+/0XsUNfmR3oMhc1F--