More on the not-dying thing

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
25 Nov 2001 15:43:33 -0500

Gnucash is most definitely getting itself into a loop.  Here is a set
of stack frames from gdb (I finally figured out how to run gnucash in
GDB -- what a PitA -- gdb doesn't copy command-line arguments to
run-time command-line arguments).  Anyways, here is a snip of the
loop (I don't know, yet, exactly where it's starting):

#274 0x40944179 in gnc_get_current_book () at gnc-ui-util.c:225
#275 0x40941ad3 in gnc_cm_event_handler (entity=0x8311268,
    event_type=GNC_EVENT_CREATE, user_data=0x0) at gnc-component-manager.c:234
#276 0x402f71be in gnc_engine_generate_event (entity=0x8311268,
    event_type=GNC_EVENT_CREATE) at gnc-event.c:183
#277 0x402f4fd3 in gnc_book_new () at gnc-book.c:107
#278 0x402fc279 in gnc_session_init (session=0x8311248) at gnc-session.c:122
#279 0x402fc2cd in gnc_session_new () at gnc-session.c:135
#280 0x40309680 in gnc_get_current_session_internal () at gnc-file.c:73
#281 0x40944155 in gnc_get_current_session () at gnc-ui-util.c:217
#282 0x40944179 in gnc_get_current_book () at gnc-ui-util.c:225

Yes, 282 stack frames!  And I don't think I'm close to the beginning
of the loop.  Next time through I'll make a break before the loop
starts so I can figure out where begins.

More as I find it..