RFC: refactoring window-register as widget-register + containing window

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
25 Nov 2001 19:00:05 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 10:01, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > So, I was wondering if there were some way to refactor the SplitLedger
> > into something more abstract?  In doing this I'll probably wind up
> > re-inventing the register core, but what I was thinking was that we
>
> You would actually end up re-writing register-core because it already
> is completely abstract. The 'register' in register-core knows nothing
> about splits.

Well, perhaps the SplitLedger, as it stands, still needs a little
refactoring.  For example, it would be nice if I could have a
SplitLedger and an EntryLedger that share the same color scheme.

My point is that the SplitLedger appears to be more than just "Layout
and Data Representation of Splits".  It seems to contain a lot of
other stuff, too, which I would think can be abstracted into one more
layer.

> > could have a way to register cell-types with the split ledger, or
> > rather, register the functions used to create/modify "Splits":
>
> You can already register new cell types.

With the SplitLedger?  At runtime?  How?