RFC: refactoring window-register as widget-register + containing window

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
25 Nov 2001 16:37:26 -0800

--=-2MZdxxu4i7l1jK3JdF9V

On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 16:33, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Moreover, I'd like to be able to re-use as much of SplitLedger as
> I can.

Well, much of the split-ledger is completely specific to splits.
So there isn't as much there to re-use as there might seem.

> By this do you mean 'Date', 'Text', 'Amount', etc..  Or do you mean
> DATE_CELL, NUM_CELL, DESC_CELL, CREDIT_CELL, DEBIT_CELL, etc.  If the
> former, great.  If the latter, then I think the abstraction is wrong.

I mean you can register a new 'X' cell designed to hold
data of type 'X' but that is not specific to a particular
higher-level object, like a split, invoice, etc.

dave

--=-2MZdxxu4i7l1jK3JdF9V

--=-2MZdxxu4i7l1jK3JdF9V--