RFC: refactoring window-register as widget-register + containing window

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
25 Nov 2001 17:18:40 -0800

--=-eOlY4cC0fGpg5po5ko+p

On Sun, 2001-11-25 at 17:13, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:
>=20
> > > One would think this could be set not by the name but by the
> > > cell-layout definition.  I mean, somewhere you need to set that
> > > 	DATE_CELL ->
> > > 		Date widget
> > > 		xaccTransSetDateEnteredTS
> > >=3D20
> > > 	DATE_DUE ->
> > > 		Date widget
> > > 		xaccTransSetDateDueTS
> >=20
> > Sure, but I don't see your point, you still need some way
> > of referring to the specific cell with the posted date, etc.
> >=20
> > dave
>=20
> I guess my point is that you can setup this information
> when you create the cell so that it always knows
> itself.  Then you just need to get the cell in position N
> and tell it "save yourself"

Right, but other things may need to know the cell, too.

In implementing the 'icing' you will still need to
be able to refer to specific cells in non-generic code.
For example, in auto-completion, you generall only fill
in some of the fields, so you need to be able to specify
which ones.

Likewise, when displaying one cell, you may need to know
the contents of another. For example, the account you have
selected will determine the fraction used to display the
split amount.

dave

--=-eOlY4cC0fGpg5po5ko+p

--=-eOlY4cC0fGpg5po5ko+p--