Dynamic cursors in SplitLedger?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Nov 2001 17:22:36 -0500

Is there some way to dynamically change the current cursor "on the
fly"?  For instance, what I'd like to do is setup the A/R,A/P ledgers
to look something like this:

<Date> <type> <Due Date> <Number> <Desc> <Account> <Paid> <Deb> <Cred> <Bal>

The <type> is limited to a choice of "invoice" or "payment".  If the
type is set to "invoice", then all of the fields are active except the
appropriate Deb/Cred field for the type of account (payable or
receivable).

If the type is set to "payment", then the due date is inactive and
cleared, 'paid' is automatically set to 'y', and only the appropriate
Deb/Cred field is active.  (The rest should remain active as usual).

So the question is, how can I easily make this dynamic cursor based on
the <type> entry?  Can the ledger code handle something like this?  Or
do I have to live with the possibility of someone entering fields
improperly and just let them shoot themselves in the foot?