Dynamic cursors in SplitLedger?

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
27 Nov 2001 21:13:37 -0500

Conrad Canterford <conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au> writes:

> Oh, so you can. There you go.
> As long as this ability won't be stoped by your changes (I'm assuming
> that protecting the cells will only stop the user from entering values
> in those cells, and won't stop the program from swapping them), this is
> fine.
> I must say I think I'd prefer that gnucash didn't automaticaly swap the
> value into the other cell, but if I remember correctly this is because
> there is not really two values, just two cells on the screen and the
> appropriate one is picked depending on whether the value is negative or
> not? This may be an issue (but then again, Derek may have already dealt
> with this.....).

Hrm, no, I hadn't dealt with this.  In fact I hadn't thought of this
problem..  OTOH, my plan is to only prevent typing in the various
cells, not limit what you can type.  I haven't figure out exactly how
this will work, yet.  In fact, I may just have it ignore the due date
and not lock down the other cells.  I mean, what _does_ a due-date
mean if you have an 'invoice debit'?  Clearly the due-date is only
valid for real invoices, and should be ignored for any debits, whether
it's a payment or a correction...