GTT: question + patch

Derek Neighbors derek@gnue.org
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:15:46 -0600 (CST)

> I agree. Its just that evolution is one kick-butt contact manager,
> it just blows everything else out of the water (at least on linux.
> We still don't have act! or other comparable windows s/w on linux).

I dont think one could call Evolution a 'studly contact manager'.  A very
good address book certainly.  However, good contact management goes SO
much further than just capturing the name, address and phone number of an
individual.  It seems you have experience with ACT so Im assuming you know
that.

> > So its painful to think of trying to code up some home-grown contact
> maanger when this really excellent tool is already available...

I dont see an excellent contact management tool yet, but maybe I am
mistaken.  I need much more than storage of addresses and phone numbers
with my names.

-derek n.