(FIXED...almost.. YES!) Re: Can't compile gnucash 1.6.3, Unknown library 'libguppi', but...

Tim Wunder twunder@iwmail.com
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 17:53:13 -0400

On Saturday 06 October 2001 16:52, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 09:53, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > Previously, Tim Wunder chose to write:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > When I execute
> > > ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash
> > > --with-libguppi-prefix=/usr/local/include/libguppi
> > >
> > > I get error messages "Unknown library 'libguppi'"
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I uninstalled all the guppi RPMs and rm'd all guppi-related files from my
> > system and started over. I compiled and installed Guppi and still had the
> > same error. Ultimately it turned out to be a gnome-config issue. The
> > gnome-config script (I don't know if this is a standard Gnome script, or
> > something unique to Caldera) apparently needed to know about guppi. As I
> > found out, it learns about installed libraries based on *Conf.sh files
> > located in /opt/gnome/lib. Since there was no libguppiConf.sh file there,
> > it didn't know about it being installed. After copying
> > /usr/local/lib/libgippiConf.sh to /opt/gnome/lib, all was well with
> > guppi...woohoo!
> >
> > After getting past another minor problem, this time with g-wrap, I
> > managed to get 1.6.3 compiled. But, I STILL can't run gnucash.
> >
> > I installed gnucash into /opt. When I execute /opt/bin/gnucash, I get
> > this error:
> > ERROR: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote misc-error)
> > #f ...):
> > ERROR: ;required feature not supported:  printf
>
> This sounds like you need to upgrade your version of slib.
>
> dave

Very close to being right. I needed to
 ln -s /usr/share/slib/ /usr/share/guile/slib
to tell guile about the updated slib libraries I installed last week...

Thanks for your help. I now have gnucash 1.6.3 compiled and running on my
system. Now to figger out why the imported checking account has a negative
balance... Guess I'll join the gnucash-users list, now. I've been lurking in
the -devel list just to keep an eye on how things are progressing. But if I'm
gonna try to USE the blasted thing, I shouldn't be buggin' developers.

Regards,
Tim