Sceduled Xactions

Clayton Carter crcarter@cs.indiana.edu
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:59:54 -0500

> In fact, I'm most curious about other users... there's already concerns
> about the UI and the user experience, but I disagree with those people... in
> any case, more/other input is needed. :)

	I have a copy from CVS that recently exhibited some strange
behavior.  I had compiled the source, installed it and had been
running the program for a matter of weeks.  I'd just leave the window
open and save after everytime I added/edited anything.  Anyway, I had
created an scheduled transation for my paycheck just to see how it all
worked.  Well, after doing that, I'd completely forgotten about it and
a few weeks later I decided to reboot my machine.  When it came back
up, gnucash wouldn't run.  It's start out fine, but then it'd crash
before it actually opened the main window.  I poked around a bit
noticed the word `schedxaction' or whatever and so I opened up my
datafile in emacs and tore out all sections referring to scheduled
transactions.  This did the trick and I've been using it fine ever
since.

	Was this a useful story?  ;)  Would you like me to go back and
try to dig up some more context?  Note, this wasn't the latest version
from CVS.  (I tried downloading that and compiling, but it started
complaining about LIBTOOL or something.)

	Otherwise, I'd like to mention how utterly happy I am with
gnucash.  I was frustrated and angered at first when the 1.6 release
started requiring me to double enter every transation, but the benefit
of being able to -- at a glance -- see how much I've spent on
such-and-such is really handy.  Great job, all!

--c

--
Clayton Carter   crcarter @ cs indiana edu
"My mom says I'm the handsomest guy [at work]"