Sceduled Xactions

Tim Wunder twunder@iwmail.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:44:20 -0400

Josh Sled wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 10:23:36AM -0400, Tim Wunder wrote:

<trim>

> | I have a current version of gnucash installed (1.6.3), so I believe I
> | have what's needed to compile from cvs sources.
>
> The first step is to actually compile them... including the recent
> dependencies.  This has often [unfortunately] been a non-trivial step
> in gnc development.  Help is available on the list, or in #gnucash on
> irc.gnome.org.
>
> ...jsled

Since my gnome version was not exactly the most current, simply
compiling 1.6.3 was non-trivial, requiring many lib updates. I learned
alot. There was a post about new libs being required on CVS now, libtool
and g-wrap, IIRC. I believe my g-wrap is current. But, if not, I think I
can handle updating it/them. We'll see...

It'll also give me a chance to learn CVS, too. I've played around with
cvsup in trying to download and compile KDE from CVS, but never got too
far with that. Will cvsup work with gnc's cvs tree? Any pointers in
using it before I jump in? Of course, I think my copy of cvsup was
installed on my old system, so I don't even know if I HAVE it anymore --
I've since migrated to Caldera OL 3.1 (from 2.4) and don't think I moved
cvsup as part of the migration. Shouldn't bee too hard to get back, if
it's not already installed by Caldera, but I digress.

Regards,
Tim