Sceduled Xactions

Josh Sled jsled@asynchronous.org
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:04:34 -0700

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 02:44:20PM -0400, Tim Wunder wrote:

| Since my gnome version was not exactly the most current, simply
| compiling 1.6.3 was non-trivial, requiring many lib updates. I learned
| alot.

Indeed; that's the bulk of the work for [current] CVS, as well... the nature
of the changes recently is more to support the new module system [shared
libraries, as evidenced by the automake/libtool versions required]... sort
of meta-dependencies.

| Will cvsup work with gnc's cvs tree? Any pointers in
| using it before I jump in?

Never having used cvsup, I don't know for sure, but if it's just doing the
CVS remote protocol, it should work.  But I've never found anything more
than 'cvs -z3 update -dP' to be required [-z3: medium zlib compression,
-dP: delete now-deprecated files and create/populate now-new directories].

Cheers...
...jsled