feature request / idea

Jeff Warnica jeffw@chebucto.ns.ca
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:27:28 -0300

Greets all.. First off, thanks for the great program.. While Im not a C (or
scheme) programer, I hope to beable to add to Gnucash at some point.. How
about some Perl bindings? hehe

Anyway... I have something of a specific feature request:

I dont sit down to 'do the books' all that often, so when I do Im generaly
updating a bunch of accounts.. And Im doing this over a remote X link (I
have my reasons). The opening and closing of different ledgers is annoying,
and somewhet unnecessary. How about a simple 'transaction entry' dialog.
Give only the bare information, and once entered clear the form for a new
quick entry. I cant think that this would be to hard to code, and it would
be a big step in usability.. All the TV comercials I see for like
commercial products show people filling in values on a cheque - I think
that would be extreem - but apparently this is type of thing is common.