configure: error: gal library not found.

Adriano M Alencar mesquita@guineapig.bu.edu
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:55:20 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to compile gnucash-1.6.4. Always
I ran ./configure I get this error message:

  checking for xmlElemDump in -lxml... yes
  checking for main in -lgal... Unknown library `gal'
  no
  configure: error: gal library not found. See the README and config.log
for     more info.

I have compiled and installed: gal-0.12, gal-0.13 and gal-0.14, but the
error message remain the same.

I saw some messages in the config.log file I thought it
helps:

  configure:6737: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused  -Wall
-Wno-unused     -Werror-implicit-function-declaration   conftest.c
-lgal  -lm  -lm 1>&5
  /usr/local/lib/libgal.so: undefined reference to
`gtk_drag_set_icon_pixmap'
  /usr/local/lib/libgal.so: undefined reference to `g_strdup_printf'
  /usr/local/lib/libgal.so: undefined reference to
`gtk_widget_set_scroll_adjustments'

But I realize I have installed: gtk+

  [root@dowland gnucash-1.6.4]# rpm -q gtk+
  gtk+-1.2.9-4
  [root@dowland gnucash-1.6.4]# rpm -q gtk--
  gtk---1.0.3-1
  [root@dowland gnucash-1.6.4]# rpm -q gtk+-devel
  gtk+-devel-1.2.9-4

So, what is the problem? Does someone know what kind of gal library
I need, or how to install it?
Thank
Adriano