Gnucash crashes with 0.40 . . .

James A. Treacy treacy@debian.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 02:55:46 -0400

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 02:15:17PM +1000, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> OK, I've compiled gnucash against guppi 0.40, which it does
> so without any warnings.  However, when trying to display
> a graph I get a bunch of warnings, and then guppi bails
> with exit code 0377.  The warnings are:

[snip]
> ** CRITICAL **: file gnome-font.c: line 194 (gnome_font_new): assertion
> `face != NULL' failed.
> I can't find the default fonts needed by Guppi.
> In 99% of all cases, this means that there is a problem with
> your installed version of gnome-print.

I'm pretty sure that this is a problem with gnome-print (as the last
message says). I've been having problems with it too and haven't
figured out what is going on yet.

The problem is not with gnucash as using the gui frontend to guppi (that
comes with the library) has the same problem.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org