OFX approaches and QIF Import

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:14:04 -0500

>> This is the last thing stopping me from using gnucash instead of
>> Quicken, so I'm very interested in it.  Is anyone else interested in
>> putting together some design docs and/or hacking a prototype together?

On the "quick and dirty front" I wrote a script in python that extracts the
information from the QFX and writes it out to a QIF.  This makes it a two
step process, but it allows me to easily get my banking information into
GNUCash.  If anybody wants a copy let me know.  I make you no guarantees it
will work, but it is an option.

Yes, I realize this doesn't really add to GNUCash.  I'm sorry guys -- I
enjoy programming, but I'm pretty limited in scheme.

--
Michael T. Garrison Stuber