missing schec-xact_strings.c

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
29 Oct 2001 20:52:10 -0800

--=-IQxIbl09d7UIfNkU9PO6

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 20:43, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:07:31PM -0800, Chris wrote:
>=20
> | trying to build from CVS, I get
> | no rule to make target ../src/gnome/glade/sched-xact_strings.c needed b=
y=20
> | gnucash.pot
> |
> | Anybody knowns where to get that missing file ?
> | The closest thing I found was sched-xact.glade.
>=20
> There's an option in src/gnome/glade/sched-xact.glade which saves all
> translatable strings to sched-xact_strings.c ... this is then included
> in the POTFILES.in [which is generated manually for our tree ATM].
>=20
> The quick fix [option one]: open sched-xact.glade in glade and save the
> project; this will generate the file.  If you don't have glade, let me
> know and I'll send you the file.
>=20
> The quick fix [option two]: remove sched-xact_strings.c from your
> po/POTFILES.in ... it shouldn't hurt anything, but since you'll be making
> a local change to your tree, you may run into CVS merge conflicts later.
>=20
> The real fix: we gotta figure out the right thing, here...
>=20
> It seems like we want to turn this option on in all the .glade files,
> so all the dialog text becomes translateable strings that fit into the
> rest of the system... but then there's this build issue.  I guess we
> could check these files in periodically, but that doesn't exactly seem
> like The Right Thing.  It does seem okay, though, as there's defined
> string freezes, which would be a good time to manually generate these fil=
es.

No, this isn't right. We no longer need to generate the strings file
for glade widgets -- the strings are pulled directly from the glade
xml sources by inttool. If you are seeing this error, your=20
po/POTFILES.in is out of date. If you are working in glade,
do not turn on the option to generate the translatable strings
files.

dave

--=-IQxIbl09d7UIfNkU9PO6

--=-IQxIbl09d7UIfNkU9PO6--