Guile Extensibility

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
31 Oct 2001 00:33:42 -0800

--=-ZvHNjoZUNTvXtm0KPqqq

On Tue, 2001-10-30 at 13:27, Anthony W. Juckel wrote:
> Basically, I'm just wondering what facilities are available for allowing
> a user to use guile to extend gnucash.  Is there a dotfile that gets
> loaded on startup (a la emacs)?  If so, what is the name/format of said
> file.  What hooks (if any) into the event system does the engine
> provide?  Is there any unified place to go to read about extending
> gnucash?

Gnucash looks for (and loads) ~/.gnucash/config.user on startup.
If found that file is find, it doesn't load the auto-saved options,
in case you want to handle those yourself. If you want the auto-saved
ones, you need to load ~/.gnucash/config-1.6.auto in config.user.

There are some docs in texinfo format about gnucash you should
read. They are located in src/doc/design. Other than that,
the source must be your guide.

dave

--=-ZvHNjoZUNTvXtm0KPqqq

--=-ZvHNjoZUNTvXtm0KPqqq--