current CVS fails to build: version.texi not found

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
31 Oct 2001 18:14:50 -0500

Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:

> It's supposed to be created by the build when it enters
> that directory. For some reason, it doesn't always work.

I just figured out why -- it will only work if you
--enable-maintainer-mode when you configure.  If you do NOT turn on
maintainer mode, then it will not automatically generate the
version.texi file.

Oh, one other bug I just noticed: src/gnome-utils/Makefile.am needs
an added $(GTKHTML_CFLAGS) in the AM_CFLAGS section.