current CVS fails to build: version.texi not found

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
31 Oct 2001 15:53:36 -0800

--=-LQoOfLPvzEhzoV1NV1hB

On Wed, 2001-10-31 at 15:14, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Dave Peticolas <dave@krondo.com> writes:
>=20
> > It's supposed to be created by the build when it enters
> > that directory. For some reason, it doesn't always work.
>=20
> I just figured out why -- it will only work if you
> --enable-maintainer-mode when you configure.  If you do NOT turn on
> maintainer mode, then it will not automatically generate the
> version.texi file.

Ah, right. So did you run the autotools by hand or use autogen.sh?
I though autogen.sh added that argument automatically.

dave

--=-LQoOfLPvzEhzoV1NV1hB

--=-LQoOfLPvzEhzoV1NV1hB--