gtkhtml fonts

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:23:34 -0500

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 07:07:47PM -0400, Bill Nottingham was heard to remark:
> Linas Vepstas (linas@linas.org) said:
> > On one of my machines, gtkhtml mangles the fonts.  Basically, it draws
> > rectangles instead of letters.   Any clue of what that is about?
>
> a) bad gtkhtml

another machine that works fine has the exact same gtkhtml installed.
The failing machine has been failing for a long time, despite various
upgrades to other subsystems (e.g. upgrade to latest gnome/gtk/etc)

> b) bad charset?

this I don't understand, but using gfontsel seems to cause gtkhtml to
use a different set of glyphs (presumably this is communicated via
gconf or oaf or some gnome config file ????), but they are still alwasy
rendered as squares ...

--linas