Ofx and Budgeting support

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
10 Sep 2001 14:32:07 -0700

On Mon, 2001-09-10 at 10:42, Willits, Darin wrote:
> All,
>
> Is anyone currently working on these features for gnucash?  Looking in the
> source code all I see is some ofx stuff under /src/experimental/ofx that
> doesn't look very complete.  I am primarily interested in being able to
> download transactions from my bank and import them into gnucash.  Are there
> any more design docs etc for this functionality?  Is there any work more
> recent than what I am looking at in cvs?

The code in cvs uses a compile-stubs-from-the-dtd approach which
didn't end up working out. You will probably want to start over.
Any ofx docs for gnucash would be in that directory. There is also
the OFX spec available at www.ofx.net.

> As for budgeting is anyone working on this currently?  Which of these two
> features is deemed more important or is most under staffed?
>
> I would really like to start using gnucash on a daily basis but these two
> things are standing in my way at the moment.  I am willing to help out and
> work on these things but before I start I wanted to make sure I am not
> duplicating any effort.

The people involved in implementing scheduled transactions
plan on working on budgeting after that. No one is working
on OFX afaik.

dave