Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Richard -Gilligan- Uschold uschold@cs.ucf.edu
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:55:10 +0000

"Derek A. Neighbors" wrote:

> >I haven't watched this thread closely enough to see what your particular
> >problem is, but I just can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to build
> >gnucash from source if you have a Gnome development environment
> >installed.  It ain't *that* hard.

Well, getting a "Gnome development environment" ain't *that* easy!  I've
been trying, off and on, since January to build GnuCash on Mandrake 7.0  The
problem is getting Guppi and it's zillions of dependencies.  I can build
fine if I disable Guppi.  A few months back, I posted a request for help on
here and Mandrake.  There was not much help here, and Mandrake merely said,
"Why are you running 7.0? It's no longer supported"

So, I got and installed Mandrake 8.0  I haven't fully migrated to it yet,
and I haven't tried compiling anything yet.  Maybe in a few weeks.

I really wanted to try Debian, but they still don't have a stable release
with the 2.4 kernel in it, but that is a whole nother story.

--

Gilligan            |                    __o           .oooO