Couple of questions

Jeff Warnica jeffw@chebucto.ns.ca
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:47:14 -0300 (ADT)

Hi all..

First, thanks for the great program :)

I have a couple of quick questions, as I am trying to write a custom
importer (in perl, for some very stupid text files). I doing it as quickly
as possible, in brute force and massive ignorance mode, simply replacing
variables in XML with print, teaching perl as little as possible about
either the input or output formats.. (since everything is the same type of
transaction this BFAMI method is sufficent).

The XML for income transactions is somewhat straightforward, but I do have
a couple of questions...

guids: while there is the 'gnucash-make-guids' tool, is the algorythm for
making these documented?

<ts:ns>[number]</ts:ns> What does this indicate? What is the number? Is it
actually important?