Couple of questions

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
24 Sep 2001 09:18:28 -0500

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 01:47, Jeff Warnica wrote:
> I have a couple of quick questions, as I am trying to write a custom
> importer (in perl, for some very stupid text files). I doing it as quickly
> as possible, in brute force and massive ignorance mode, simply replacing
> variables in XML with print, teaching perl as little as possible about
> either the input or output formats..

You might consider using the Perl bindings for the Gnucash engine that
are available via Swig.  I have never used them, but the engine API is
straightforward and it shouldn't be too hard to do.  That would keep you
from having to understand the XML format at all.

> <ts:ns>[number]</ts:ns> What does this indicate? What is the number? Is it
> actually important?

"timespec:nanoseconds".  It's important to have a value, but probably
not terribly important what it is.

b.g.