Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
24 Sep 2001 14:40:29 -0500

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 13:40, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> In our initial testing we found it to be MUCH lighter weight in overhead
> most definitely.  So in shoving a dataset of say 100 records across it was
> faster by far.
>
> However when you started talking 1000 records or more the perfomance began
> to degrade at enormous rates.  This is similar to GNU\Linux on Mainframe
> vs. NT servers.

Could this have been due to the implementation you were using?  I don't
understand how the performance would ever *decrease* with large amounts
of data unless the implementation was just b0rked...  xmlrpc is just
dirt stupid and there's really nothing in there that "scales" at all,
it's just a thin wrapper around the data.  Or is it the text transfer
that just starts to catch up to you, where CORBA does binary?

b.g.