Will GnuCash ever work for me?

Derek Neighbors derek@gnue.org
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:49:50 -0500 (CDT)

> it's just a thin wrapper around the data.  Or is it the text transfer
> that just starts to catch up to you, where CORBA does binary?

Yes I believe this is where the performance scaling comes into effect and
iirc there is parsing over head after the transfer that is barely seen on
small bits of data, but starts to become evident the larger the data
transfer grows.

I will say some is implemenation and you could work around these things in
a multitude of ways.  RPC is like any holy war (desktop, editor, os,
packaging).  There are pluses and minuses to each.  None are perfect and
most have to be broken down to sucks-less.

XML RPC mechanisms seem to be promising though.

Derek