gnome-print

Tim Wunder twunder@iwmail.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:38:41 -0400

Previously, Phillip J Shelton chose to write:
> Yes, my *-devel is assuming a RPM installed package.  But I think the .deb
> have something like it as well.  Could the debian uses please clarify?
>
> The  source tarballs do include all the devel libraries.  However I am not
> sure if gnucash is up to using libxml2 yet.  I have not checked as I am
> personaly still using 1.4.12

At http://www.gnucash.org/en/required.phtml, there is a reference to Gnome
XML with a link to  http://xmlsoft.org/
At http://xmlsoft.org/, there is this:
"Warning: unless you are forced to because your application links with a
Gnome library requiring it, Do Not Use libxml1, use libxml2"

The most recent libxml at
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/ftp/mirror/gnome.org/stable/sources/libxml
appears to be from July of 2000. There are around 30 releases of libxml2
since then, and no libxml releases. My guess is libxml2 is required for a
current gnucash build. Of course, that's just a guess and I haven't gotten
around to installing the bugger. Maybe tomorrow...

Thanks for your help, Phillip.
Tim

<snip>