XML size (was: no subject)

Rob Browning rlb@defaultvalue.org
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:30:01 -0600

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> There were definitely _not_ endian issues; my files worked fine on
> both x86 and sparc platforms.  I would certainly believe there was
> a word-size issue (which would explain your problems with the Alpha).

I'm pretty sure it was size issues.

> So long as the "database" file is portable, that is fine with me.  I
> "live" in a heterogeneous environment so I need to be able to access
> my data files from a number of different platforms.  Therefore, I
> need my data files to be platform independent.

That's a good concern.  If you could use the "normal" postgres setup
where you had one server and you connected to it via SSH (or
whatever), you'd be set, but I don't know off the top of my head
whether or not postgres' physical databases are platform independent,
same goes for sqlite -- definitely something we'd have to
investigate...

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu