ANNOUNCE: Rapid Prototyping with DWI/DUI

Bill Gribble grib@linuxdevel.com
02 Apr 2002 13:20:14 -0600

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 23:41, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> This is to announce a new tool for rapid prototyping of data-driven
> applications:  DWI/DUI (Data With Interaction / Data Under the
> Interface).

This looks interesting.  I have developed something pretty similar, but
it just uses Glade directly to create the application interface.  I use
special markup in the widget name field, which ties in to application
code you write in Scheme.

I'm finding that it's a pretty great way to write applications.  We are
using this tool to do all of the more-or-less rote code to make a GUI
interface to a database with 50 or so user-accessible tables, and to
build an asset tracking app for another client.

I just wish there was a way to slightly extend the GUI editor part of
Glade without rewriting it altogether.  It's not really that nice to
have to edit tiny little scheme forms in the 1-line entry for widget
name.

b.g.