XML size (was: no subject)

Andreas Bogk andreas@andreas.org
07 Apr 2002 17:00:02 +0000

Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU> writes:

> > MySQL does not pass the ACID test, I'd recommend against using it for
> > financial purposes.
> To what "ACID" test do you refer?

You know, there once was this CIA program called MK-ULTRA, where they
gave this Ken Kesey dude a dose of LSD in 1958.  He freaked out, and
started touring the states in a bus, and held events everywhere where
he gave strangers LSD, often without their consent.

No, wait, I'm confusing things again, this was the "electric kool aid
acid test", with "acid" not written in all caps :).

Seriously, I stand corrected, MySQL/InnoDB *does* pass the ACID test,
and has even been declared stable a month ago.

Andreas

--
"In my eyes it is never a crime to steal knowledge. It is a good
theft. The pirate of knowledge is a good pirate."