Book clsoing [was: Re: Addition of HBCI support, Maturity of 1.7-branch, next stable release time frame?

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:21:59 -0400

The ironic thing here is that I was talking about this very idea with a
friend who is a python hacker just hours ago.  We discussed this exact same
thing, implementing something similar to gnumeric.  This could allow for a
master meta data file which tracks what the other files are and whether
certain ranges of data have been externally archived and would have to be
imported/  It could also provide the possibility for additional data
separation in the future.  For example, stock prices could be held in a
separate file within the archive, and so could AR/AP lot tracking
information.  The "nice" thing about this is that the internal file
structure could be made to more closely mirror the database back end.  Of
course, the down side of this is that the simplicity of a single XML schema
is lost.

--On Tuesday, April 16, 2002 10:05:17 AM -0700 Josh Sled