Book clsoing [was: Re: Addition of HBCI support, Maturity of 1.7-branch, next stable release time frame?

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:56:03 -0500

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:34:18PM -0400, Michael T. Garrison Stuber was heard to remark:

> Thanks.  This was very helpful -- assuming of course you and Linas are on
> the same page.

Yep. Seem to be.

> Having to put in an extra split for a sale across lots is a
> little counterintuitive,

Yep. That's what I was grumbling about.

> but I can't think of another way to do it which
> doesn't have really ugly implications.

I'm mulling over various places where to 'recombine' splits if/when
a report doesn't care about lots.  I think that for reports, we'll have
to introduce functions that show only values combined across lots.

For the register, there's nothing one can do. Either one is always using
lots (and one sees the consequences), or never (and loose the ability to
get cap gains, etc).

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>