Enhanced spec file for GnuCash 1.6.6

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
30 Apr 2002 15:24:04 -0700

--=-PnocwzAp8M8Siblc1R4/

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 15:14, Linas Vepstas wrote:
>=20
> May I remind everyone that when gnucash is built with postgres, that
> binary will still run on a machine without postgres installed.
> That's because the backends are dynamically loaded.
>=20
> So I recommend always building gnucash *with* postgres, especially when
> building binaries for other people...

And may I remind you, as I have several times before,
that when you build an rpm file with postgres support,
rpm adds the postgres libs to the list of required libs,
so you can't install the rpm without postgres,
regardless of whether you want to use the postgres
backend or not. That is why we build rpm's without postgres,
not because we think the binary won't run.

dave

--=-PnocwzAp8M8Siblc1R4/

--=-PnocwzAp8M8Siblc1R4/--