src/import-export/gnc-generic-import.c compilation problem with gcc 3.1

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 18:12:21 -0400

On Mon 5 August 2002 11:33, Josh Sled wrote:
> Benoit, all...
>
> When I attempted to compile the aforementioned file yesterday, I got the
> following error:
>
> -----
> gnc-generic-import.c:414: output_operand: invalid expression as operand
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for instructions.
> make[1]: *** [gnc-generic-import.lo] Error 1
> -----
>
> The mentioned line [414] is the last line of the file, so after a bit of
> #if 0'ing, I localized the problem to the
> gnc_ui_generic_account_picker_map_cb function.  If I leave the printf in, I
> get the problem; without the printf: no problem.
>
> I'm pretty confused; anyone have any ideas?
> Benoit, what compiler are you using?

I am baffled, this looks like some kind of compiler bug.  I tried to reproduce
with both gcc-3.2 and gcc-2.96 and couldn't.  Most of this code has been
developped with gcc-3.1.