Moving reconciled transactions

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
11 Aug 2002 10:30:26 -0400

David Hampton <hampton@employees.org> writes:

> On Sat, 2002-08-10 at 21:10, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >
> > Note that when you change the xfer account in the register window
> > you are changing the _other_ split, not the visible one.  It should
> > be clearing the reconcile flag on the other split, but not the
> > one in the current account.
>
> If you click on the "Split" button, the split for the "current" account
> is listed just like all the rest of the splits, and it can be changed.

True.  If you change a reconciled split in this manner it should warn
you and, if you still continue, it should reset the reconcile flag (or
at least ask you what to do).

Note that I don't know what happens if you change the account on the
'current' split.  The txn should disappear as soon as you commit it.

> Deleting this particular split entry is a great way to imbalance a
> transaction. (Its probably a bug that this particular split, the one
> connecting the transaction to the currently open account, can be changed
> or deleted.)

I don't want to think about this.  But yea, the user can really shoot
themselves in the foot.  Does gnucash not detect imbalanced
transactions at this point?  If so, that's a bug.

Personally, I think the logic in the split-ledger-control.c:...traverse()
is broken.  I also think it's broken in the entryledger..