Tagging additional values on transactions

Conrad Canterford conrad@watersprite.com.au
11 Aug 2002 08:30:41 +1000

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 00:55, Derek Atkins wrote:
> What is this "Franking Credit" and how does it relate to the rest of
> the dividend transaction?  Keep in mind that a Transaction is a
> zero-balance object, so this "Franking Credit" has to balance
> something, I'm just not sure what it is balancing.  Could you
> give a concrete example?
> -derek

It is a kind of tax credit. It could be manually entered into the
transaction by having an extra split on the transaction, and a new
account "Franking Credits" or some such. I'm not sure that automating it
is likely to have much applicability outside au.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)
Water Sprite Pty Ltd   |  url - http://www.watersprite.com.au/