Writing a Sharp Zaurus PDA GnuCash Companion

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
21 Aug 2002 11:21:04 -0400

"Colin Pinkney" <Colin.Pinkney@marconi.com> writes:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Ok, so I can probably just work out the format and I guess I can look at
> the source code too.
>
> Does the format change very much or is it fairly stable now?

It's fairly stable, I think, but don't assume it is carved in granite.
Note that CVS adds a bunch of new record types to the XML, but the old
record types are mostly unchanged..  A few new attributes.

> I was just wanting to confirm that it is ok to use the same file format on
> the PDA too.

I don't see why you couldn't use the same file format.